Wednesday 12 February 2014

Faces Sand Texture Polish: Red Velvet

Today I have something new and exciting on the blog. Yes sand texture polishes are here in India from a brand called Faces Cosmetics. 
(In shade)

I have been trying to contact the PR for more information on the shades etc but they won't respond. Somebody needs to tell PR ppl that's what their job is in the first place!! 

Anyway coming down to my excitement for the day. These are selling for Rs.399/- and I saw a few other nice shades at a local counter but they definitely didn't have all. 

This ones called Red Velvet. It's a pinkish red with gold glass flecks. However the gold glass flecks are not as visible on nails as they seem in the bottle. If u ask me it looks like ChG strawberry fields in sand finish. Pretty I say.

The finish is a bit gritty but not really rough and jarred if that's what u r thinking. I assume it will be difficult to remove so you might have to remove it using the glitter removal method. (Will try to update here when I take it off).
I was pleasantly surprised to find that it applied well. One thin coat was slightly patchy but one thick coat works well. However I prefer to do one thin coat and another one after a gap of a few mins. This dried really fast. It was smooth to touch after 5 mins of application.

(Pic in sunlight)

I did a really simple mani as I wanted to enjoy looking at the base much. Accent nail is done with bindi stickers :) 

Feels good to be a bit regular with the blog! (Whew!) sometimes I wonder how women manage household stuff, work, kids, blog and a personal life all at the same time. This is a shout to all those women. I truly respect ya!! Hope to post back soon. Tc


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous shade!
    Love that the texture is not all that rough as it seems to be.

    FashHunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture and thanks for sharing about availability of such nail polishes here in India... (y)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shade... Lucky you! These still haven't landed in Ahmedabad :(

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.