Monday 7 January 2013

Happy New Year!! Shiny Disco ball Nail Art

I know I have been a bit off and what not..Just wanna assure you I am very much here and this blog still means a lot to me.
A couple of things have made my life a bit busy..and the tragedy is when I had the time after I came back from a small break in end of december one of my vanity cabinets' lock got stuck. this one contains most of my polishes :-/ so now I am mostly polish-less exception of few stray bottles.

Coming back! this mani is the last one I had before the cabinet got locked.


I received this pack of glitter from Born Pretty Store for review. After seeing the glequins manis put up by Nailasaurus I couldnt resist having a shiny disco ball mani :D


This pack of 12 Born pretty glitter pot is for $6.45 : you can see it here: link
The pot size is almost like those of the body shop lip balms and is packed with glitters. Make sure you close the windows and fan before you open this or you are bound to get it over you if u r even a teeny bit sloppy. 
The colours are gorgeous and I so wanted to use all in a day. Sequins are almost 2mm in length and in hex shape. helps cover your nails quickly.
This code will get you a 10% discount from BP store: KJ5X31 

Base: Catrice : Genie in a Bottle
Lovely dull gold to green duochrome given to me by my Blogger pal the lovely Caroline from GoodLackNail. She got a huge stash by the way of utterly gorgeous shades which I have a hard hard time finding..incl 2 HTF HOLOS!! :D Thanks again Caroline!!!


After the base I proceeded to turn the accent into a shiny disco ball. It was pretty easy.
Take a toothpick dip the tip into fevicol or similar PVA glue. Light touch a glequin with the tip and place on your nail. Took me 8 mins to do the whole nail. 

Hope u liked this. And Wish you all very happy new year! (yes....soo belated)
Stay tuned for an exciting giveaway as soon as I crack the lock on the cabinet.



17 comments:

  1. Love that glequin effect! 8 mins is pretty quick! I think it would probably take my half and hr just to do one nail lol! But you polishes!! You must be missing them so much! I hope you can get the lock fixed soon

    Cherry Lane xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! its easy once u get the hang..after a couple of lines the rest goes quick
      :( yeah missin badly

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!! I hope you get your cabinet open soon! Genie in a bottle looks gorgeous on you, and my respect for sticking on the glitters - I have zero patience for that stuff :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kej... lovely mani... u r so rite glequins really take so much time but then looks so pretty and shiny like this :) hope u find a way unlock ur vanity soon ..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. One needs to be really pro at it to do in 8mins... wow.. I might not be able to fix one in 8min :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!
    The catrice color is so pretty!!
    8 minutes!!! You are a rockstar!
    I am too scared to even attempt!!

    PS:Dont let the cupboard stop you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try try..it is not difficult at all..plus u get to behave like a disco ball :D

      Delete
  6. I would have just put the whole nail covered with fevicol into the dabba!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nail art!

    http://colorsandthreads.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kejal! Assuming you must be busy during the new years, you must hv not had the chance probably to get back to me. Hence writing to you once again, I wanted to know if u've had any problem with the customs when you ordered the stuff from born pretty or for any international shipping. Please get back to me at the earliest, got to buy something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sonal... I havent had trouble with customs for BP packages. and I did reply to the commet whr u asked me abt this too. The only issue is packages getting lost sometimes so dont place a big order..call for 2-3 things in small amount values in one order.

      Delete
  9. Thanks a ton Kejal! Great will order for things not very expensive. Ohh!
    I must have missed checking your reply. & yes I love your blog & the amazing nailart pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I really love those hexes..please visit. My blog kejal and also leave a comment..by the way great work..

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE IT! http://colourmeviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.