Monday 2 April 2012

Glitter glitter everywhere!

Thats it!! I've jumped into the glitter bandwagon.
Ever since glitter polishes started appearing on blogs I've been drooling over them.
But then I also read that they were a pain to take out, which stopped me from trying them.
Also as I was packing for my rafting trip, I realised I wouldnt get time to polish my nails on the trip and I didnt wanna lug weight with me as I knew we'd have to carry our bags to the camp at the riverside.
So I had to put on a mani that wud last me atleast 5-6 days. This is my "eureka".
 Lasted me all of 6 days of which 4 days were spent rafting atleast 2-3 hours each day. 


Base: Colorbar exclusive 18
Icing:  Epic Winning
WetnWild: Party of five
 
I had won the glitters from Canadian Nail Fanatic in her giveaway last year


I have applied the Icing glitter halfway down the nail and WnW Party of Five 1/3 rd way to the tip as I attempted a possible gradient effect.
Party of Five is a good dupe for Deborah Lippmann's gorgeous Happy Birthday.

Verdict: I would strongly recommend glitters to anyone who doesnt like to change their polishes often or to those who wanna save some bag space on a trip.
________
Now some picture spam from my trip :D

The camp I stayed at..next to the Ganges!



I am under the big wave, sitting first on the left. 

He is one of the instructors at the rafting camp!!!! (Drool!)

yes..Thats me! Bungy-ing at 83m.
(Pic courtesy: Mohit Midha)

I hope you enjoyed the mani and the post

27 comments:

  1. You cant put glitter mani and the distract-ingly good looking instructor in the same post. There is danger of ppl going cross eyed you know :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I had a hard time trying not to get cross eyed :p

      Delete
  2. Hehe i absolutely agree with Nirah Kej. :P AM drooling over both. ;) n looks like u had an amazing time thr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the glitter mani looks lovely.. and the pics of your trip are very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying to try bungee-jumping and river-rafting, man!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dooo it faassssst! this season is the best

      Delete
  5. The glitter nail art looks stunning! Definately need to try that for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That green is gorgeous! And your pictures from your trip are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its my fav green.I usually dont like green

      Delete
  7. yur instructor;) u had a fun time i believe

    gorgeous mani as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous nails...and that instructor isn't bad either!

    Your pix of your vacation look awesome...and you are so brave doing that bungy jump!

    Glad you liked the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooved the glitters!! Thank u once again!

      Delete
  9. It looks gorgeous <3 Love glitters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rakhshanda..nice to see u here on my blog!

      Delete
  10. I would never be able to do bungy jump. Too scared :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jus shut ur mind and do it once..its worth it!

      Delete
  11. woah Kej :) Love the nails, colors, ur jump and ur instructer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving each pic of yours, specially the instructor :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog....following. Pics are great. I am yet to try rafting..I chickened out the last time we were there. Rafting, bungy jumping and sky diving are in my to-do list.
    BTW I am also a Nail Art addict but not as good as you. Would love to get some tips from you.

    http://therainbownails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hema! glad u like my blog!! Rafting is super fun!! u must do that

      Delete
  14. OMG! How was the bungee jump? I can never do it, I get so nervous I think my heart would jump out! I'm sure you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rina, Glad to see u here on my blog! I looved the bungee..its was very scary at the ledge..but once u jump it is not soo much. yeah a bit of my heart did jump out!! :D

      Delete
  15. looks like u had gr8 fun...nice glitter kejal
    http://megaliving.net/

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.